Friday, April 15, 2011

SHAUN OF THE DEAD In 60 Seconds Scott Pilgrim Style



Written By: Ken Hulsey
Source: Bleeding Cool

Okay, you all should be aware of my love for everything Simon Pegg and Nick Frost related by now. I feel that they are the brightest comedy duo to come along in a long .... long .... long time and I feel that their latest film "Paul" was highly underrated by critics and fans alike.

That being said I would like to turn everyone on to this little bit of animation that I discovered on Youtube. This piece is the handy work of an animator who calls himself (herself?) "Pippinopalon" and I think that you will agree that it is bloody brilliant!

Here is the low-down from Pippinopalon:

My entry into the Empire/Jameson Done in 60 Seconds Competition 2011!

This is basically my love letter to all things Edgar Wright/Scott Pilgrim! I saw and read Scott Pilgrim in the summer of last year, and it had such a massive impact I decided to make this to vent my creative juices!

interesting fact - I did a cracking caricature of Bill Nighy but I had to leave it out in the end. Shame :(

I did the voices for Shaun and Ed and my mum kindly lent her vocal chords for Liz and Daisy... I Mean Yvonne!

Must be a dude if he did the voices of Shaun and Ed ..... hey you never know on the internet .... still don't I guess ..... could be a deep voiced woman ..... maybe?

Anyway .... great work!

Ed: What's the plan then?
Shaun: Right.
[cuts to dream sequence]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, we drive over to Mum's, we go in, take care of Philip - "I'm so sorry, Philip" - then we grab Mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Why have we got to go to Liz's?
Shaun: Because we do.
Ed: But she dumped you!
Shaun: I have to know if she's all right!
Ed: Why?
Shaun: Because I love her!
Ed: All right... gayyy... I'm not staying there, though.
Shaun: Why not?
Ed: If we hole up, I wanna be somewhere familiar, I wanna know where the exits are, and I wanna be allowed to smoke.
Shaun: Okay.
[cuts to dream sequence again]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, go round Mum's, go in, deal with Philip - "Sorry, Philip!" - grab Mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Perfect!
Shaun: No, no, no, no, no, wait, we can't bring her back here.
Ed: Why not?
Shaun: Well, it's not really safe, is it?
Ed: Yeah, look at the state of it.
Shaun: Where's safe? Where's familiar?
Ed: Where can I smoke?
[Shaun and Ed pause then slowly make a realisation]
Shaun: [cuts to dream sequence a third time] Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Ed: Yeah, boyyyeee!
[Shaun and Ed clang their weapons together]

See Also: Paul (2011)(Universal)

Univerasl Picks Up the Tab For PAUL Roadtrip

Shaun of the Dead - Bash 'Em In The Head - T-Shirt

Celluloid Philosophers - Shaun

Hot Fuzz (2007)(Rogue Pictures)

Star Trek (2009)(Paramount) / Pegg Makes His Portrayal Of Scotty A Tribute To Doohan / Simon Pegg Reaches Out To Star Trek Fans / Has Simon Pegg Burned His Star Wars Bridge? / Is Edgar Wright Planning A Gorgo Remake? / Pegg, Wright, And Frost Set To Cause The Worlds End

No comments:

Post a Comment