Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chris Brown Recalls Embarrassing Tour Memories On 'When I Was 17'

Singer shares his on-the-road stories, including a hotel-flooding incident.
By James Dinh


Chris Brown appears on "When I Was 17"
Photo: MTV News

It's only been a few years since Chris Brown first experienced the superstar lifestyle as a teenager, but he sure has his share of stories to tell. On the latest episode of "When I Was 17," Brown recalls a few embarrassing memories from his early career.

"When I was 17, I was going around touring around the world performing, and for the kickoff for one of our tours, I was eating the food that gave me food poisoning," Brown laughingly says on the upcoming episode, premiering Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV. "So I got, like, midway through the show, and I just remember my stomach starting bubbling."

Despite his bodily warnings, Brown remained a trouper, telling himself to "hold it" until his performance was over. Unfortunately, the singer learned a hard lesson that day: Don't deny nature's calling.

"So I just remember dancing and onstage in the midst of all that, I ... is it like sharted?" the pop star asked with a smile. "The crowd didn't know it, and I had like an outfit change coming up, so I said, 'Yeah, I can hold it out one more song,' and this is real disgusting and too descriptive, it was just ... I just remember it running down my leg."

Even though Breezy was busy on the road to promote his debut album, the singer tells MTV that he also had experienced plenty of "reckless" fun, especially one time when he flooded his hotel room during soundcheck with a BB gun. "We were shooting the guns. We had the couches flipped up. The catering was knocked over," Brown said of his showdown with his cousins, adding, "It was like a war zone in our room."

"I'm just like, getting hit left, right," Chris' spinner DJ Babey Drew added. "I see people squatting down military-style, trying to shoot me. It was crazy."

At one point during the battle, Chris admits he got "shot in the face" and "cried under a table," until he pulled the trigger to a shot that would soak his entire crew.

"I waited and then I got up and I acted like I was in a movie. ... I tried to shoot at the fire extinguisher thing. I'm at least 15 yards away, so I'm thinking, 'I don't have a chance at hitting this thing,' " Breezy revealed. "So I shoot ... the whole room is engulfed in water."

"When I Was 17" — this week featuring Brown, Selita Ebanks and Joe Jonas — premieres Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV.

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/58nZ1YY9RYg/chris-brown-when-i-was-17.jhtml

Movie Trailers Lady Gaga Jay Z Movie News

No comments:

Post a Comment