Monday, May 16, 2011

Jadakiss Tells Fans I Love You With New Retail Mixtape

I Love You (A Dedication to My Fans) 'is all original music,' Jada tells Mixtape Daily.
By Rob Markman


Jadakiss
Photo: D-Block

Mixtape Daily Main Pick

Artist: Jadakiss

Mixtape: I Love You (A Dedication to My Fans)

Real Spit: You don't last over 14 years in the game without garnering some serious fans. For his next trick, Jadakiss offers up I Love You (A Dedication to My Fans) to show his appreciation.

"I wanted it to be different than The Champ is Here," Kiss said, referring to the mixtape trilogy that helped make him a fan favorite. "One aspect of the difference is all original music. It's not me destroying other people's beats, which you're used to hearing.

"It's just some original cuts, some joints for the ladies, some heartfelt joints for you to zone out to. It takes you on a journey. I call it a good summertime introduction CD."

Led by the single "Hold You Down," featuring Jada's new R&B artist Emanny, I Love You showcases a softer side of the Yonkers, New York, MC, with many of the cuts aimed at his female following. Things aren't all lovey-dovey however: The Neptunes-produced "Lil Bruh" is a cautionary track that warns young hustlers of the streets' pitfalls.

Styles P makes an appearance on "Lay Em Down," as he and Jada trade back-and-forth bars in true LOX fashion. NY newcomer Fred the Godson jumps on the celebratory "Toast to That."

I Love You, which is set for a Def Jam retail release on May 24, also features Rick Ross and Trae Tha Truth.

Joints to Check For

» "Hold You Down" - "It's featuring my new artist: R&B sensation Emanny. It's good radio-friendly, it's good for the clubs, it's good for the chicks. It's a good way for me to break him — introduce him to the world on a bigger level, bigger scale."

» "Lil Bruh" - "My man Icepick [Jay Jackson] was telling me about Pharrell had this song and he let us get the files and move it around, do a little remix and use some of the words for the hook. It came out to be pretty good."

For other artists featured in Mixtape Daily, check out Mixtape Daily Headlines.

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/WxVu2aMN5dU/jadakiss-mixtape-daily.jhtml

Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie Dennis Quaid Shia LeBouef

No comments:

Post a Comment