Monday, September 27, 2010

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

 

Please help me find my missing daughter.
 
My late twin brother Lorega "Lory" Galinato bore no child from then wife Siony and requested that I let my 4 years old daughter Baby Jane stay with them tempo rarily so they would not be feeling so empty, having 6 children at that time I heeded to the request, anyway it was on a temporary basis.  I had no worries about my girl’s welfare since it was my brother who would care for her.  I remember Baby Jane when at 4 years old was so talented that she would begin to sing in an instant and ohh she had a wonderful voice, that is why the couple had so much fondness for her.  They brought her to Manila.  We were staying in Bohol then.  Hearing news from Manila that she was going to shows and concerts singing.  We felt this is not the treatment we would expect for our child.  They even brought her to Laos with the "REYCARDS Duet" to do singing engagements.  A child should be going to school doing studies not working and earning a living for her adopted par ents.  Living in the province with not much money, my wife and I managed to go to Manila to claim the child.  We would go to Baby Jane's shows so we could talk to her but Siony, the self proclaimed manager was able to elude us.  We just heard news that she was taken to the States by Siony and an American Promoter who at this time was already her lover.  My twin brother and she had been separated before the exo dus.  Baby Jane was 6 years old.  We never saw her since.  My twin brother remarried and had children of his own.  All this happened during the later part of the '50s.
 
As years passed, we were losing hope until the time the "REYCARDS Duet" had a return concert here in Manila (Philippines).  We managed to have a talk with them regarding Baby Jane's whereabouts, the duo listened to our plea and somehow believed what we had said more so when they saw my other daughter who was with us then that she looked a lot like Baby Jane.  They said they used to do singing engage ments with her and now that she resides somewhere in Texas.  My other brother went to Texas on vacation and tried to find her, unfortunately nothing concrete came up.
 
We also heard news that Baby Jane is married now to a German and have two children.
Her real name is Zenaida B. Galinato.
Her Stepmother's name is Asuncion Anilao Galinato.

We just want to let her know that we did everything possibly could to find her.  Her brother and sister are all married now and having a good lives.
 
There's not much time left in the world for us and we just want to see her and find out how she is doing and somehow let her know how much we love and miss her and that all this happened because of my nature as a brother to share a loved one for my brother's happiness even for a short span of time.
    
Please help me find my daughter.
 
Sincerely yours
GALLARZA A. GALINATO

No comments:

Post a Comment