Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Lady Gaga's Prayer (HBO Backstage Concert In New York - Trailer)















"I cannot be destroyed, I will not be destroyed, and you can never destroy the kingdom that is my fans,”
the tearful Monster says, in-between sobs, while in-front of her make-up mirror.

Honestly, this is my first time to see Lady Gaga this vulnerable, crying like sh*t. And i must say, this clip is a stunner, revealing, and touching.
It kind of changes my perspective about her - that behind all those wigs, lipsticks, and fancy costumes that she wears - there's a vulnerable and helpless little girl that asks for her Father's strength.

Here's the transcript of her prayer.

Dear Lord, thank you so much for the blessings of all my friends, my fans, and my family
I thank you for all the amazing screaming fans that are here tonight 
Dear Lord, please give me strength to be a winner for all of them and not for myself
Dear Lord, remind me to empower not myself but to empower all those people around me because that is my gift
My gift is not self worship, my gift is the worship of others
So please, help me to be strong and please help me to know my own strength
Please help me to be brave, Lord
Dear God, give me courage
Do not let me give in to those feeelings
Do not let me give in to my own insecurities
Allow me to walk in Your way
Allow me to live and breathe, to sing and dance, for all the dancers in that stage, for the band, for the music
Amen.

HBO has released this new trailer for the upcoming Lady Gaga special - mind you, this one is quite heavy and emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment