Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Denise Welch: 'I chose to start drinking again'

Filed under:

Denise Welch drinkingPA

Denise Welch spent years battling addiction to drink and drugs but in recent weeks the 52-year-old seems to have fallen back into old habits.

Now the Loose Women star has admitted to enjoying the odd drink again but insists she made a conscious decision to do so.

Welch confessed that at one stage, her boozing and drug-taking got so bad that her Corrie co-star Kevin Kennedy took her to Alcoholics Anonymous.

She told Woman magazine: "I stopped drinking completely but I chose to start drinking again. I didn't fall off the wagon, I stepped off it.

"I drink at parties, I drink at awards dos, I drink when I am out with my mates and that's when you get all the pap snaps of drunk Denise."

We know Denise... we've seen the results.

Ms Welch insisted she's (almost) never late for work and said: "I am my own worst enemy because I play up to the image, but people make assumptions about me that are so totally off the mark."

However, Denise admitted that she might need to tone her behaviour down a bit in future.

"I want to get some discipline in my life," she went on. "I don't want to be the old drunk staggering round Soho House in 10 years' time...

"After a night out, my first thought in the morning is: 'Oh God, Denise what did you do?' I am mortified when I see pictures of me flashing my knickers...

"It embarrasses my kids. I am an embarrassment."

And there we have it... straight from the horse's mouth.

What do you think of Denise's 'decision' to start drinking again? Leave a comment below...

Follow us on Twitter
| Become a fan on Facebook

We're far from prudes here at Eleven. If you've got it, flaunt it we say - but there are certain celebs who are such blatant repeat flaunters that - to be honest - we just feel like saying "put it away love"...

 

 

Source: http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/05/31/denise-welch-drinking/

Justin Bieber Rap Music Celebrity Gossip Pop Music

No comments:

Post a Comment