Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Erik Santos and Angeline Quinto Sing DZMM 25th Anniversary Jingle


“Prince of Pop” Erik Santos and “Star Power” Female Pop Superstar champion Angeline Quinto got the grand assignment of singing the 25th anniversary jingle of DZMM, the number one AM radio station in Mega Manila and the country’s leading cable news channel.

Erik and Angeline now join a prominent list of Filipino artists like Gary Valenciano, Sharon Cuneta, and international singing sensation Charice Pempengco who have sung the Jessie Lasaten-penned jingle.

Moreover, they will also star in the DZMM SilveRadyo station ID and perform with two prestigious musical ensembles - the Philippine PhilHarmonic Orchestra and the UP Concert Chorus. The former is considered one of the best orchestras in the whole Asia Pacific region while the latter has brought recognition the country numerous times in its 45-year existence.

Angeline, who was also the voice of ABS-CBN’s summer station ID, was elated to learn about her newest gig.

I’m really flattered. This is a huge honor for me. I grew up with DZMM so it’s a big thing that I’ll finally get to hear my voice there. I’m even happier because I get to work with Kuya Erik, who I am close with since ‘Star Power,’ where he was co-host,” Angeline shared.

Erik was also very thankful to be part of the project. “DZMM is a big institution. I’m very glad to be part of their 25th anniversary, and in the process I get to be part of their public service as well through singing,” he said.

In its 25 years, DZMM has been known for being first in news and in public service. It is also home to the country’s most revered and trusted broadcast journalists.

Relive the glory of DZMM SilveRadyo on the premiere of the new station ID, shot at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, featuring Erik Santos and Angeline Quinto in the coming flag-raising ceremony of ABS-CBN on Independence Day, June 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment