Tuesday, May 10, 2011

'It was so difficult': Fergie reveals her hurt over Royal Wedding snub

By Daily Mail Reporter


Hurt: Sarah Ferguson told Oprah Winfrey she watched the Royal Wedding on television from Thailand


Sarah Ferguson has spoken for the first time about the House of Windor's decision to not invite her to last month's royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

The Duchess of York, 51, instead went to Thailand where she watched the coverage on television.

She was disappointed she wasn't able to accompany her daughters, Princess Beatrice, 22, and Eugenie, 21, who attended the wedding with their father Prince Andrew.

'I was not invited,' Ferguson, 51, who was caught up in a scandal last year after she was taped offering access to Prince Andrew for $724,000, said on The Oprah Winfrey Show.


'I went through the phase of feeling so totally worthless and that [it] was quite right they didn't invite me. Why would they - why would they invite me?'

She continued: 'I felt that I ostracised myself by my behaviour, by the past, by living with all the regrets of my mistakes, that I sort of wore a hair shirt and beat myself up most of the day thinking and regretting why did I make such a mistake? Why have I made so many mistakes?'

'I chose to go and be in Thailand in a place called Camelia... the jungle embraced me,' she explained.

'So difficult': Fergie was disappointed she couldn't join her daughters Eugenie and Beatirce at the ceremony

The snub 'was so difficult,' the former royal said, 'because I wanted to be there with my girls... to be getting them dressed and to go as a family.'

She added: 'Also, it was so hard, because the last bride up that aisle was me.'

Ferguson revealed she was in contact with her former husband, whom she married at Westminster Abbey in 1986, throughout the day.

'When Andrew went with the girls, we were talking all morning and he was saying, "It's okay. Just remember we had such a good day. Our wedding was so perfect." Because we're such a unit together. He made me feel very part of the day on April the 29th.'

'I really love the feeling that sort of Diana and I both weren't there,' Ferguson, who has often spoken of her close bond with with the late princess, told Oprah.

'But I'm here to say how proud she would have been and Kate looked utterly
beautiful.'

'I think Diana would be so proud of her son. Both of them, you know? They did a great job.'

Ferguson is to have a show on Winfrey's new cable station, OWN.

Her interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show will air in the U.S. tomorrow.

Royal affair: Fergie said Diana would be 'so proud of her son'


source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment