Saturday, February 20, 2010

night of the iguana


Richard Burton’s Night of the Iguana

Earlier in the day is Night of the Iguana, but debauched priests. well it just seems too close to Richard Burtons real life though it is a good film. Whos Afraid of Virginia Woolf? is also on and if you like to see two drunk people yell at each other for two hours knock yo-self out. It also seems too close to Thanksgiving Day at the Burton/Taylor household to be great for some reason. Professors are either louts or potheads or rapists in movies. Im also a lawyer so I at least have Atticus Finch.
Does anyone do desperate better than Richard Dreyfuss? I totally got the potato Devils Tower and I have a errr soft spot for Teri Garr too. Earlier in the day is 2001 and 2010 back to back. I like sci-fi and HAL 9000 is ground breaking, etc., but I dont even care to figure it out or chew on it and I blame that on the director. After Third Kind is a Neil Simon doubleheader The Goodbye Girl and Chapter Two. Marsha Simon has relationship diffizzzzzzzzzzzz..

Splendor in the Grass is also on if you like movies about repressed Midwesterners and how they need to open their minds and their legs to be truly happy. Wow that was all positive wasnt it? To be fair to Neil Simon I did like Goodbye Girl when I saw it 20 years ago Chapter Two not so much.

Did I mention Im not a fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey starring Keir Dullea as Prince Valium?

No comments:

Post a Comment