Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Macbook Air 11" is Overpriced Garbage



Look, I'm not a mac hater (at least not on a regular basis). I own an iphone 4. I've used a mac before. But I have to call foul on the new macbook air. This thing is INSANELY overpriced. The processor is outdated, there is no dvd drive (hell I have a laptop with blu-ray for the same price), the battery life is less than other macbooks at the same price point and the storage is limited (only 64GB for entry level). They are charging $999 USD for this paperweight. You could get a netbook running windows for half the price. Not only that, you could get a plain vanilla 13" apple macbook for the same price but with more power, storage, battery life AND a DVD drive. I was honestly expecting this to sell for $600 to $700. Maybe I would have bought one. But apple seems to try to charge as much as they possibly can for something, even if products cannibalize other products they offer (macbook pro cannibalizing macbook air, ipad cannibalizing ipod touch and iphones).

I also would have liked to see a macbook pro update before the holidays. This is very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment