Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stella Behaviour

I like a designer collaboration as much as the next person.  The stuff is normally wearable, the prices are great and even the patronising way the millionaire designers 'give back' by allowing us normal people a chance to get onboard is sort of endearing.  A bit like the whole J-Lo/Jenny from the Block phase.

Stella McCartney's latest collection for Target is OK, but it's no Matthew Williamson for H&M, which was the benchmark and will be near impossible to top.  Stella's latest collection is extremely structured with strong lines and neutral colours.   Boring, but wearable.

But hey, that didn't stop me from lining up with all the other seemingly normal people at my local Target.  All of us just milling around waiting for a large budget retailer to open.  Just another normal day, right?

Nope.

The doors opened and mayhem ensued.  Bags were thrown, prams were over-turned, babies were crying and shop assistants looked fearful.  And rightfully so.

All I can say is that Stella would not condone that behaviour.  She's a vegetarian for God's sake.  She's friends with Gwyneth and we all know that Gwyneth is a moral beacon.

Disgraceful.  Or maybe I'm just annoyed that her bangle wouldn't fit over my man-hand.   

Are these the faces of the sane?  No, I do not think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment