Monday, October 25, 2010

Vintage Shopping: Dream Vs Reality

I love the idea of Vintage shopping.... I always imagine picking up a quaint 1940s sundress for next to nothing.  Finding an authentic Chanel quilted bag that some poor sap didn't realise they were donating.  Shelves lined with cameo brooches, parasols and Fendi scarves.  Burberry trench coats mingling with Halston gowns.

This dream takes place in a setting that looks very similar to this: 


 


Sometimes this dream gets too much for me and I take off running to my local op shops with adrenalin pumping through my veins, only to have my dream trampled on by stained sloppy joes, stretched t-shirts and shapeless house dresses with a strange odour.

All taking place in a setting that looks more like this:



 Am I missing something? 

No comments:

Post a Comment